Tuesday, April 1, 2008

you can dress up a pig...

But it's still a pig. We live in a nice neighborhood and have a nice house, but one look at our backyard and you know we are still no better than the Clampett's. It would be okay if we had a fence, but we don't. It was okay during the winter because all the piles of trash were hidden under the snow, but the snow has melted. And it would probably be okay if we lived on the back end of the neighborhood, but we don't. In fact, our backyard it the first thing anyone sees when they drive into our neighborhood. Part of me wants to be embarassed, but hey, we are who we are and sometimes there's no hiding it.


In fact, after Colby put together our swing set, I noticed that the slide ends right into a pile of broken glass. I still find random pieces of glass every now and then. Thankfully, none of the kids have noticed any.

We thought we might start a neighborhood dump.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Wendy! I think your back yard looks like HEAVEN for 3 little boys! Who cares what it looks like!

We are not in Chea's stake but both stakes went a Treken'. I went up to help with the workshops on Thursday. I got a cute picture of Jancy shooting the black powder rifle. I was so proud of her-she was like one of the only girls who would shoot out of her group! She looked so great and acted like she was having fun! I will email them to Chea. Not great pictures-but Chea might get a kick out of them!

We need to do lunch with all us old girls and catch up!

Stephanie

Chea said...

see the snow does serve a useful purpose.

Chea said...

tell steph I definetly want that pic

Stephanie said...

Should I send the photos to the email that Chea has on her website? Or does she have a home email?

Stephanie

Amber said...

Chad and I are laughing so hard at this post! It is not as bad as you make it out to be! I drive by it everyday and have never even thought that once! your hilarious!
ps: I totally forgot to put the dumpster out today for trash pickup- would you mind if we just dump it in your backyard?