Thursday, April 3, 2008

addicted

This morning I went to Safeway with Blue and Beau to get pectin for freezer jam (which turned out amazing, by the way). Anyway, I noticed the Easter area was getting a bit of attention from customers and employees alike. I went over to check it out and everything had been marked between 5 cents and 50 cents. I just about started to hyperventilate! Not that I needed more candy because I still have all of my boys Easter candy in a cupboard (the Easter bunny didn't feel like giving anymore candy after seeing all the boys got from their Easter egg hunt the day before). But the thought of getting something, anything, for pennies on the dollar of the original cost, I couldn't help myself. I tried to stay level headed and did a pretty darn good job of it...until I got home and felt the urge to check out the other two Safeway's in town, just to see if their Easter merchandise was any different. I know, I'm obsessed. Luckily, the other two did not have the great deals that the first Safeway had. I mean, c'mon, how many chocolate bunnies does one girl need? Maybe it has to do with my childhood; like my chocolate bunny getting eaten while I was at church. What do you think, Dana?

3 comments:

{Frances} said...

dont worry im with ya! if i would of seen a chocolate bunny for 5 cents...well i'd probably buy a dollars worth!

lacy lee said...

First of all, I'd like to exonerate myself entirely from the aforementioned chocolate bunny scandal.

That said, two days ago at the commissary was a box of CADBURRY MINI EGGS for $1!!!! I have never seen these babies post-easter. It really was a miracle. And a sign, obviously. So I stocked up.

Alissa said...

Unfortunately, I have the same problem. If it's a deal, I think I need it . . . . even if I already have 4 at home. Kyle has been breaking me of this over the past several years!