Saturday, April 12, 2008

opening day for sidewinders

Today was opening day for little league. This is Reed's first year, he is playing t-ball with the Sidewinders. I think this is the most comical age to watch. When the ball was hit, the entire team went after the ball like a school of fish fighting over a single piece of fish food. Some of the batters ended up in the outfield, not sure of where to run next after first base. As if not bringing my video camera was bad enough, my camera was malfunctioning in the bright sun (I wish some of Chea's know-how would have rubbed off on me). Reed had a blast! He said his favorite part was running the bases and getting treats afterward, of course!
On a side note: Blue and Beau thoroughly enjoyed the park that was nearby. The camera was working there...

2 comments:

Rose said...

As long as Reed wasn't in the outfield holding on to his peeper I think you can count the game a success.

Arnett's said...

Sounds like a blast. I think I would join a co-ed sofball leauge if they had tee-ball rules. No score, everyone gets to bat.