Monday, April 28, 2008

anger leads to hate,

and hate leads to the dark side. Tonight for FHE we talked about anger management (something everyone in our family needs to works on, even me- shocking, I know). Colby likes to use Star Wars to teach many life lessons to our boys. Tonight it was about when Yoda tells Anikan to be careful because anger leads to hate and hate leads to the dark side. We were discussing ways to control our anger, and Reed all of a sudden busts out with a full on lecture of techniques that work for him, breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth (he told us this gets rid of all the old air inside of you and old air is what causes anger). Then he suggested counting to five, in fact he even sang a song about anger control. He must have learned all of this at school, because heaven knows I didn't teach him, like I said I need to work on it also. Then Reed asks, "What's that evil brother's name?" At first I thought he was talking about Star Wars again. Nope, he meant Satan. Needless to say, Reed taught the lesson without any preparation. He's gonna make a great missionary!

4 comments:

Megs said...

Wendy, your kids are too cute!! ...and HILARIOUS!!

Amber said...

Maybe we should have been there for that lesson seeing as how livia was chasing tate with a knife this afternoon- That is a dark side moment for sure.

Mariley Johnson said...

I'm pretty sure that the young ones give the best FHE lessons.
That's a good one.

The Welker Family said...

That is so funny!! I never realized what the blogging queen you are! You are such a cute mom with the cutest stories about your boys. You are making me jealous - I want boys! They are so much fun!