Monday, April 21, 2008

concerned child

Tonight during dinner, Reed told me he had a note from his teacher for me. It was an invitation to a breakfast for all of the volunteers at his school. Reed asked if Colby was invited also. I told him no because Colby never helped out in his classroom. Colby pretended to be sad about this and put his head down and started sniffling. Reed got quiet and I could tell he was gonna cry. Colby stopped pretending and quickly reassured him that it was no big deal that only mom could come. Reed seemed okay but then a few minutes later he asked Colby, 'Are you sure you're okay with just mom going to my school for breakfast?'.
Reed is such a sensitive kid! He is always thinking of others feelings. I am so lucky to have him for my son!

2 comments:

Alissa said...

What a sweet boy! I love a little guy who can be sensitive!

By the way, I love the new picture of the boys up on your blog. It's fabulous!

Mariley Johnson said...

I love the new heading picture and title!