Thursday, April 17, 2008

the bus

Today I finally let Reed ride the bus home from school. He has been begging me all year to ride it. I sent a note to his teacher telling her what bus he needed to get on. After school I waited at the stop and... he did not get off. After talking to the two boys who did get off, they told me that Reed got on the bus and then a teacher took him off the bus. By the time I got to his school, he had been waiting 45 minutes. I was so frustrated! Why didn't the bus driver let him on the bus? When I finally reached Reed, I was slightly teary-eyed. Reed, on the other hand, handled it like a champ. He reassured me by telling me it was okay. His teacher was very understanding also. She told me she even tried convincing the bus driver that I would be at the correct bus stop waiting for Reed but since the bus driver didn't know which bus stop that was, she wouldn't let Reed ride. Reed, undaunted by the whole incident, asked if he can ride it tomorrow. I will give it one more shot for his sake.

2 comments:

Chea said...

since when does the bus driver have all the clout?

Tia said...

Don't you love it when your kids are tougher than you?