Friday, April 18, 2008

the bus: take two

I forgot to mention yesterday that Reed's teacher tried contacting my cell phone(which was at home), Colby's cell phone(he was out of town), and even our emergency contact(who did not answer either). Good thing there really wasn't an emergency:). So today I called the bus barn and asked if it was okay for my son to ride the bus, I wasn't sure how else to word it since it was ridiculous that he couldn't get on yesterday. The lady on the other end of the phone giggled and thought it was strange behavior from the bus driver also. Anyway, after clearing it with them, we got the go ahead. I called Reed's school to let them know he could now ride the bus. We met him at the bus stop and it went flawlessly today! Hooray! While waiting, we even met another boy on Reed's t-ball team that just lives one street over from us. He was hilarious! He told me that his mom had to buy his dad a car that was really expensive, like five dollars or something (his words not mine). He was singing like a canary. I think this bus stop is sorta like a barbershop, I will learn a lot about our neighborhood...maybe even more than I would care to know.

6 comments:

ld said...

Surely you meant to say, beauty parlor.

Guys just talk sports and weather at the barbershop. The beauty parlor is where the "juicey news" is spread.

Yea, I'm certain that you meant to say, beauty parlor.

wendy said...

you're right, I just couldn't think of what it was called while I was posting. Thank you for helping me out:)

Amber said...

I am the emergency contact that didn't answer the phone- Loser me- maybe Tamra should be the new emergency contact- she is way more responsible! glad the bus worked out today!

Jeff and Elise said...

Hey there Breezy! Thanks for the comments on my blog - yours is so cute! Where are you living now? Yes, we moved to the land of the freezing... it has snowed three times since we've been here (only a month!!)

Jeff and Elise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
once upon a poppy said...

I love the busing system. I have had many of problems with ours too.