Sunday, March 30, 2008

fishing fools

We went to Roosevelt Lake yesterday. We had a great time! The weather was perfect, not too hot and not too chilly (except when we went really fast which is what the boys were begging to do most of the day. The boys tried fishing a couple of different spots but didn't catch anything. It didn't seem to bother them, though. They were more interested in the fish finder and took turns telling each other when they saw a fish and how deep the water was. Colby tried a couple of casts but every time Beau saw a pole, he thought it was for him. I must say, Colby is a great father. All three of the boys kept hounding him to fix their lines. And he did, all at the same time. I love springtime in the desert. Seeing the side of a green and yellow hill because of all the wildflowers that have bloomed. It was a perfect day. No tickets (we did get three tickets all on one day the last time we went to the lake), no meltdowns from the boys, just good times.


Beau thought whenever Colby was in the driver seat, he needed to be there also.

Blue thoroughly enjoyed going super fast while sipping a soda.

Reed crawled into a sleeping bag when we were flying and stayed snug as a bug in a rug.
.
I was not allowed over by the boys while they were fishing, this was per Beau's request. Every time I would go on that side of the boat, he would give a crusty look but refused to look at me.

This picture doesn't do justice to the amazing surroundings.
I got my first driving lesson on a boat. And I didn't do too shabby, if I say so myself. But I don't think I'll be pulling any wake boarders or skiers anytime soon.

5 comments:

{Frances} said...

hey it coulda been 4 tickets last time but lukcily you talked your way out of it!

Chea said...

cant wait to have you teach me to wake board

Amber said...

So stinkin' fun! I love that beau had to be the man in charge- so cute!

The Welker Family said...

I'm officially jealous of your boat trip! I LOVE being out on the lake. It's been about 8 years since I have :( It was so much fun to check out your blog! I love the pajama day story and Reeds prayer. So cute.

Ryan Brijs said...

Looks like Blue is sipping a Mountain Dew...you are a brave Mom.