Wednesday, March 12, 2008

it's a comin'

Warm weather is on it's way! Today we hit 60 degrees, maybe even warmer! I am so excited because apparently this has been the worst (best if you ask Colby) winter here in eleven years. Of course, it had to be my first winter up here. Anyway, I am so glad that I can send my boys outside to play and not have to bundle them up like marshmallows. Blue played outside most of the day yesterday and practically most of the day today. He might have pushed it a little bit too much because tonight he fell asleep while trying to eat his dinner. Poor kid! He just couldn't keep his eyes open.
Beau is also very pleased about being able to go outside. This afternoon while I was fixing dinner, I let him go in our backyard. We don't have a fence yet so I just kept the back door open and would check on him occasionally. Apparently, I wasn't checking enough because about 20 minutes after playing nicely by the back door, he disappeared. I called his name and checked around the backyard with no luck. I went around to the front and saw that he had already made it down our driveway (which is kinda steep if you are only two years old), across the street, and was making his way up the front step of our neighbor's house! That stinker! I am so glad that he was okay. We live on the corner and there is no way a car would have been able to stop in time if he was still in the road when they came around the corner. I guess no more unsupervised outside playtime until we get a back fence.

2 comments:

once upon a poppy said...

we have spring break next week. we should take a trip to come see you. your weather sounds nice. it's been nice here but I know too well that it is going to be hot soon!

Mariley Johnson said...

Thank heavens for the back yard and nice weather.