Friday, March 14, 2008

pajama day

Today was pajama day at Reed's school. Now, usually he doesn't want to participate in spirit week, if he does, it is very conservatively. For example, on crazy hair day I tried giving him a mohawk and he wanted nothing to do with that. I ended up just combing it all straight down his forehead and then spiking the very ends (I know, what a crazy kid!). So I was shocked this morning when he said he wanted to wear his pajamas to school. I suggested he wear some sweatpants and one of his pj shirts. Oh, no, I told me that he wanted to wear to school what he wears to bed... his undies and a big t-shirt. I didn't think this would go over too well with his teacher, so again I tried to convince him to wear his sweatpants. There would be no persuading him. Finally, I compromised by letting him wear jeans and a t-shirt, then he could put his big night shirt over his clothes. He decided to wear his big t-shirt under his regular shirt. He looked quite comical but was very pleased with himself. I only wish I took a picture of him this morning, but I never seem to have enough time in the morning to do anything but try to get out the door on time!

3 comments:

Chea said...

too cute. I can only imagine is shirt sticking out underneath his regular shirt. I miss my boys

once upon a poppy said...

pajama day is my kind of day. i love to wear my pjs all day.

Anonymous said...

LOL...Dalton has NO school spirit. He never participates...he thinks he is too cool or something. That is so cute that he wanted to wear a big shirt and undies...LOL...hilarious!