Wednesday, May 7, 2008

spider


Spider

has red eyes,

green back,

with a spinner

flexible as paper.


Reed wrote this poem and took second place in the county poetry contest in his age group. Tonight he read it in front of 200+ people at a recognition evening. I am so proud of him! Because Amber so willingly watched Blue and Beau, Reed and I made a date of the evening (Colby was out of town). Highlights of our date:



  • Eating dinner at Coco's and playing every game/crossword on the kids menu with Reed uninterrupted by other kiddos.


  • Reed was presented with a $20 gift card to hastings. Since it was just us two, we stopped on our way home. Reed thought he was so cool with his very own "credit card".


  • Reed bought Shark Boy and Lava Girl, the dvd. Then decided he needed to get Blue and Beau something also. I'm tellin' ya, Reed is the sweetest kid. At six years old, who thinks of bringing home something for their brothers?


  • Reed told me that this was the greatest night of his life. I'm sure he meant because we went out to eat and he got a gift card, but I can at least pretend it was because he spent it with me, right?


4 comments:

once upon a poppy said...

i love one on one outings. that is so sweet that he thinks of his brothers!

Rose said...

That is so cool, tell Reed that I am so proud. He must have your writing abilities. Not to say Colby doesn't have them but if he writes like he makes conversation, then the writing definitly comes from you. He looked so cute.

Sara said...

That is so awesome.

Emily said...

How awesome!