Monday, May 5, 2008

birthday gifts

For my birthday, which was yesterday, my boys gave me an i-pod. I think they were more excited about it than I was. They wanted to make sure that I had all the Star Wars songs on there and I can't begin to describe their excitement when they found out I had games on my i-pod. I guess that is how most people are when it comes to gift giving. You know, you give something that you are into, not necessarily what the receiver is into. Don't get me wrong about the i-pod, because I am excited and now that I have it I didn't realize how much I had been wanting one lately. Anyway, this discussion brings me to my next point, my birthday present from Colby. He told me UPS was to deliver it today. I was racking my brain trying to guess what he possibly could have ordered for me. I put myself in his shoes, and I came up with... a new hunting bow. Not that I wouldn't just love a hunting bow, because I would. But when UPS delivered a box that was quite clearly too small to hold a bow, my heart skipped a beat. It was a new lens for my camera! I was shocked! I was shocked, first, because Colby had planned ahead and called Chea to ask her which lens would be best for me. And my second shock was that Colby took Chea's advice to heart and bought the exact lens she suggested. Thank you Chea and thank you Colby! I love it!

5 comments:

Chea said...

I am green with envy.

once upon a poppy said...

sounds like you scored on the presents!

ld said...

Remember to adjust your speaking volume when you have your iPod earplugs in or others will make fun of you.

The Welker Family said...

OK - You are killing me with your cuteness! You are the cutest mom ever! I love the story about the love note and the cookie story is so funny. HAPPY late BIRTHDAY! I'm glad that you had a good one.

Linde said...

I wish I would have known sooner about your birthdya! I still would love to keep the kiddos so you can at least enjoy a nice dinner. What a nice husband to actually be prepared for your b-day present! I love the cookie story and the love note! What a sweet little fam!