Sunday, May 4, 2008

peanut butter blossoms


Yesterday I felt daring and thought I would make cookies with the boys. After 20 minutes of deciding what kind to make, we finally decided on peanut butter blossoms. All three of them had to be as close as they possibly could to the mixer or "it wasn't fair" (their words, not mine). We alternated putting the ingredients in the bowl. It called for 1 cup of white sugar and 1 cup of brown sugar. I gave Reed a 1/3 cup and he scooped in 3 scoops. I gave Blue a 1/4 cup and he packed in 4 scoops. Immediately, Reed informed me that it wasn't fair because Blue got to put in four scoops and he only put in three. So the scrutiny continued. Beau wasn't too concerned as long as he had flour in his measuring cup, which he would pour back and forth from one cup to another until it was no longer in the cups but all over the floor. Finally the dough was ready. The boys thought we were only making one cookie sheet and the rest of the dough was for them to eat. They literally started shoving scoopfuls into their mouths. Now if this was chocolate chip cookie dough, I could understand the need to inhale the rest of the dough, but peanut butter dough doesn't do that for me. Anyway, I convinced them to fill a couple more cookie sheets. But I have to say their favorite part was unwrapping the Hershey kisses to go on top, especially Beau. He tried to unwrap as many kisses as he could and get them all into his mouth before I noticed. Luckily, he only had two in his mouth and was working on the third wrapper when I caught him. All in all, the cookies were a success and killed about two hours of the day. Yes, I was counting down since Colby was out of town.

2 comments:

once upon a poppy said...

i hope colby comes home soon so you can celebrate your bday!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a patient mom...I HATE to bake or cook with my kids because by the end of it I have a migraine. My kids fight like CRAZY over who licks the spoon..what ingredients they put in...who is in front of who...AHHHH...glad you had a happy outcome...they look delicious! I remember the time you brought over fresh cinnamon rolls...OH MY GOSH....I have drooled over the thought of them ever since...never had a better cinnamon roll than yours...delicious!