Saturday, May 31, 2008

first piano recital


Today was the first piano recital for our family. Even though I know how to play the piano, I never played in a recital when I was younger. Reed perfomed to perfection! He played Ode to Joy and Shepherd Count Your Sheep. He didn't act like he was nervous at all and then played his pieces without any mistakes! I was so proud of him. The whole family came to support him, which might have been a mistake. Beau had to be taken out of the room practically every other song because he was being too loud and Blue was sooo hungry(surprise, surprise). Towards the end, even Reed was whining wanting to know when it was going to be over. So maybe my kids are a little too young for piano recitals but I don't think we will be attending another recital for a while becuase Reed's teacher is moving to Utah this summer. So now I need to decide if I should teach him myself or if I should look for another teacher. I'm pretty sure it needs to be the latter. It is too easy for me to slack and not give a lesson on a consistent basis and let Reed slack in practicing when there is no accountability to someone else other than me.

2 comments:

busbyfam.blogspot.com said...

Im so proud of Reed. Dont stop you will always regret it. The boys wish they could play and they only had maybe 2 lessons. He is so lucky to have this opportunity.

Linde said...

Way to go Reed! That is so great.I hope that you can find another great teacher but I know what you mean about you teaching. They always listen to someone else better than their Mom.