Friday, May 30, 2008

kindergarten graduation


Reed has graduated from kindergarten! There was a small program yesterday but he still has a week left of school. He asked me this morning before going to school if he was going to first grade today since he graduated yesterday. I had to explain that he still was going to kindergarten for another week. I think we will be the last district anywhere to get out of school, I am sure it has to do with all of the snow days we had earlier this year. Reed also wanted to know if I had anything to give him that I bought from the store. Apparently a lot of his friends got graduation gifts(who knew even kindergarten graduation calls for gifts). Luckily, I keep a stash of birthday presents on hand. I just told him that I had left his gift at home. I sure dodged a bullet there! Reed had a fabulous year at school. His teacher, Mrs. Roberts was truly amazing.

I am just sad that she is retiring and Blue won't be able to have her as a teacher. It has been fun to watch Reed make new friends and learn how to read. He has learned so much and we are so proud!

4 comments:

ld said...

Best 3 years of my life were spent in Kindergarten…congratulations Reed on your graduation…the first year!

As Told By Molly said...

Good job, Reed!

Gosh he's gotten so tall!

Chea said...

congrats reed

Linde said...

Yeah Reed! Good thing you had a little gift for him. Now I will be prepared for when Kenzi graduates from Kinder.