Tuesday, August 14, 2007

ups and downs (part one)

So here is a list of the ups and downs of my life currently:
UP'S:
*clean UP- I have a husband who loves the outdoors, hunting for days at a time without a shower. Some believe he is the true Grizzly Adams, but on date nite he "cleans up" real nice. I'm a lucky girl!
*make UP- I am amazed at the imagination of my boys. I love to listen to them play together. Whether they are playing with the kitchen utensils or a cardboard box, they "make up" some pretty interesting scenarios.
*break UP- With this imagination comes determination which leads to stubbornness which leads to disagreements(putting it lightly) and I am often called on to referee. Most of the "break ups" are necessary because Blue is teasing Reed.
*give UP- When it comes to disagreements, I pick my battles. Sometimes I must "give up" a small battle in order to win the war.

DOWN's:
calm DOWN- This is usually directed to Reed. When Reed gets excited about anything he starts bouncing of the walls and acting like a mad dog (literally- rolling around and panting). It can be something small like getting a new kind of cereal or to something bigger like going to his recent kickboarding clinic.
get DOWN- This is ALWAYS directed to Blue. Get down, stop hanging from the light bulb in the floor lamp! Get down, you're not allowed to hang from the garage door as it is opening. Get down, I don'to want you to be tempted to cut the window screen again. All of these are true events.
quiet DOWN- This is usually directed to Beau. He has picked up this terrible habit of screaming at the top of his lungs whenever he wants or doesn't want something. He scream at home when he wants to come down the stairs (yes, he knows how to come down by himself but thinks I should be the one to carry him down). He screams in the car when he wants to watch Backyardigans or when he doesn't want to watch Backyardigans. Basically, he hates his car seat.

more ups and downs to come...

3 comments:

Rose said...

Did Blue really try to ride the garage door up? What am I thinking of course he did

{Frances} said...

haha those are funny ups and downs! Danny told me you called..i dont know where the camera is! Sorry! The last time I saw it was in the cup holder of the boat..maybe its in the truck now?! or hopefully still in the boat!

once upon a poppy said...

ok so the quiet down must be a 1yr old thing because cooper does the same thing. not only that he screams like agirl. very high pitched and not cute for a tough guy.p.s. i have tried to call a couple of times!