Tuesday, August 28, 2007

he's lucky he's asleep


Last night for family home evening our lesson was about Cleanliness being next to Godliness. I told the boys that it would be great if they could help me out in keeping our house picked up. This meant cleaning up their toys after they are done playing with them and putting away their clothes once they have been washed. Now Blue is not one to sit still for very long, even if it was a five minute lesson. So in an effort to reiterate what was discussed, after the lesson Colby asked Blue what we had just talked about. "Umm, be good?" It is amazing how fast kids learn this answer to any gospel question. So, I'm not sure why I was so surprised/upset when I walked into their room this afternoon and saw this aftermath. Every piece of clothing in Reed and Blue's dresser, including socks and underwear, was on the floor. I was a tad bit angry. I went downstairs to confront the culprit and found him asleep on my bed. Blue is one lucky boy right now.

3 comments:

Rose said...

He sounds like Brooke, only her comment is read the scriptures. But Blue is very talented he managed to be a heart breaker, nap taker and primarily messmaker all in one post. (Heartbreaker, because it would break my heart if you spanked him)

once upon a poppy said...

glad to know i'm not alone in my endeavors to keep my house clean.
my girls are the biggest slobs!

Arnett's said...

I love it! I shared your story in cake class last night.