Sunday, August 19, 2007

run, run as fast as you can

Okay, I give up! I have spent the last hour and a half (not exaggerating) trying to get a simple picture from the Internet to copy/download to my blog. I, apparently, am more computer illiterate than I thought. So you are just going to have to imagine (or click on the link at the bottom of this post) a picture of the gingerbread man. I would like to wish two of my younger brothers a very happy birthday. Anthony turned 26 yesterday and AJ turns 28 tomorrow. I was reminiscing about our childhood years and the memory that kept coming back to me was when I would chase them down the road in our neighborhood. Sometimes we were just seeing who could run the fastest (me, of course) and most of the time I was chasing them because I wanted to "punish" them. When we were young I could always catch them. I don't really remember what I would do once I caught up to them but I know they were scared. But as we got into our teen years, it was impossible to catch them and they were no longer afraid of me. I soon discovered it was best not physically chase them anymore but just let them know that I could catch them if I wanted to. I guess what it really comes down to is that I was a pretty bossy older sister and I hope you guys don't hold that against me now. I just want them to know that I am proud of them for following through with their dreams and goals. They are now wonderful men, well their ages define them as men but their wives may think otherwise :). Happy Birthday AJ and Anthony!

Not the Buttons! The Gingerbread Man Fanlisting

3 comments:

Chea said...

Im pretty sure you can still take them. this is why you are so well equipted to be the mother of 3 boys

Emily said...

No! They are not allowed to be that old! Ha ha ha ... That makes us old.

Channy Murphy said...

I can't even imagine you as an older sister. But I am sure you were scary to them! Not so much anymore contrary to what Chea thinks.