Friday, August 10, 2007

observations

Here are a few observations I have made lately about my children.
Reed: He is fascinated about shadows. He likes to move around outside and try to catch his shadow going the wrong way (which will never happen, of course). I realized how much he enjoyed watching his shadow when we were walking in the parking lot of Target. He walked right into the end of a pick up that was sorta sticking out of its space. He wasn't watching where he was going but at his shadow on the ground. He looked stunned and surprised. How dare that truck jump out and get him!
Blue: He will occasionally take a nap in the afternoon. When he sleeps there is no way of waking him up. You can shake him, drop him (not on purpose), or try to bribe him with no luck. Yesterday, we went through one of those car washes at the gas stations which sound sort of like a tornado. It scared the dickens out of Beau but Blue was asleep and it didn't even phase him. Unbelievable!
Beau: Being the youngest, Beau feels left out sometimes. But his large stature has come in handy. He often will sit on Reed or Blue when they are in the middle of playing. They try to push him off and he just lays/sits there. It is hilarious. Well the other day at the park, Beau was working on his bullying skills. He was pushing the swings a little and they would come back right at his face. This ticked him off so he gave the swing a good shove and what do you know... it came back in his face just a hard. Luckily he wasn't hurt too bad (only his pride). He got a taste of his own medicine.

5 comments:

Ryan Brijs said...

That is great, I use to try to out run my shadow...good times!

{Frances} said...

haha your boys are soo funny! i love it!

Courtney said...

Your boys are so cute! I wish that my girls had the same sleeping talent as Blue! That has to come in handy! Hopefully you don't drop him to much! Paige used to love her shadow. It was like she really thought there was someone following her! As for Beau, I love that the baby is tougher then his brother! The image of him sitting on his brother while they try to play makes me laugh! I need a boy!

Rose said...

Things I have noticed about your boys
Reed is just like you
Blue is just like me
Beau is just like Colby

Arnett's said...

You have the cutest boys.