Tuesday, August 28, 2007

alarm clock

I apparently do not have the skills to be a good alarm clock. Before school started Reed said he needed an alarm clock to wake him up every morning. I told him I could do it. Well, he gave me strict instructions on how to perform this task. I must pop up and down (kinda like a cuckoo clock) and when I am up I must say/sing "wake up Reed, wake up Reed". I have only had the opportunity to do this three times since school has started because Reed wakes up pretty early on his own usually. The three time I have been his alarm clock Reed informed me (in a disgusted voice) that I was doing it wrong. Apparently the first time I was not popping up and down correctly. The second time my tone of voice was not to his liking. And this morning I was gently rubbing his head as I was trying to wake him. Direct contact is not part of the job. I told him I was sorry. "It's okay mom, I still love you." Whew. I thought for sure I was fired not only from my alarm clock duties but from my motherly duties also.

2 comments:

Tia said...

Funny story, totally something Carter my four year old would say to me! Hey if your interested in Book club this month send me your email and I will get you signed up. This months book is really great!

Rose said...

Maybe I should try that, I'm always taken back to the blue house and Mom saying "time to wake up", in that "Amy get the water" voice.