Friday, August 15, 2008

star wars, the clone wars

In honor of opening day of The Clone Wars, I am going to give you yet another glimpse of how obsessed my boys are with Star Wars. If Colby were in town today, you can bet your bottom dollar that he would have taken all the boys to this movie. But since he is not in town today, he promised them that we would go for FHE on Monday night. I am trying to contain my excitement. Now for story time. Yesterday while shopping once again at Target, for the supplies on Reed's class list, we happened to peruse the aisles of the toys also. Blue found a Star Wars galactic hero that we don't have, which is actually a surprise to me since I could swear that we have them all if not doubles of some of them. Anyway, he handled the let down of not purchasing the galactic hero on that shopping trip pretty well. But when we got home, he wouldn't stop talking about how worried he was that there wouldn't be any left the next time we went to Target. So I told him if he would do some jobs around the house he could earn his own money for it. He was all over that. He helped me clean the loft, the theater room, and his room. When it was time to go to bed, he started to complain and I told him if he didn't obey he wouldn't get the Star Wars toy. He looked at me surprised and said, "You didn't tell me I had to obey also". As if obeying was just one of the terms for the toy and not an everyday thing. His expression told me that if I had told him earlier about this term, he might not have wanted the toy as badly. It took him literally an hour and a half to finally fall asleep. He was so worked up about going to Target right when it opened to get this toy. This morning he comes in and wakes me up at 6:am. "Guess what today is?" He was still so excited. He was ready to go by 6:30 and totally disappointed that we wouldn't be leaving until 8:00. Finally in Target he practically ran to the toy section and was so relieved to find that there was still two packages left. He has played with it all day long and even took a bath in the afternoon with it... I guess just to see how the galactic hero would handle the water.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute....my boys went to see the movie yesterday...and LOVED it. Sutton asked if he could go see it again..lol. I told him that maybe we can buy it when it gets to the store. lol.

As Told By Molly said...

Hey Wendy! Life with your three (four) boys makes for some awesome stories! Good luck with your bow - you are such a good sport! And have fun at the movies tonight.