Saturday, August 23, 2008

blind hunting

Yesterday I had my first experience blind hunting, not hunting without seeing the animals but hunting without the animals seeing me. Here are a few things I observed while sitting for 13 HOURS waiting for a decent deer to come within range:

*Bring a hoodie even if your outfitter/husband says you won't need one. I should have known better, Colby is NEVER cold.

*Bring toilet paper. Who doesn't remember the toilet paper...a man.

*Bring more than two books. You'll have time to finish them all.

*Snacking/eating is kept to a minimum. The animals might smells the food, no matter what it is. Every time I would eat something Colby would spray down the blind with some sort of de-smelling spray.

*Drinking is kept to a minimum also. This may cause the need to go the bathroom, which in my case would not be fun since there was no tp.

*Talking is only aloud if you whisper and even then it must be kept to a minimum.

*No ipods allowed. How are you supposed to hear the animals coming? Duh!

Now even though it sounds like I might have had a better time sticking hot pokers in my eyes, I am going to give it another shot. Mostly because I am competitive and I know if given a chance, I a pretty good shot with my bow. Oh, and I get spend quality time with the one I love, minus the quality.

7 comments:

once upon a poppy said...

you can just gaze into each other's eyes!

Linde said...

I am totally cracking up! I would love to keep your kids so you can go again...

Rose said...

Isn't all hunting blind hunting? No snacking or drinking for 13 hours, that is exactly why I don't hunt. Oh yeah couldn't Colby just nudge you when the animals were there and then you could still listen to your ipod?

Anonymous said...

LOL....can I come? Sounds like a blast!

Kellie said...

You are a cHaMp, going hunting with guys who like, excuse me, LOVE to hunt is possibly the hardest thing ever!!!! There are so many unexpected rules! One of the craziest things I've ever done is go hunting with Shane and Chad... You are surely a trophy wife! Linde's pics look amazing

As Told By Molly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
As Told By Molly said...

Hunting is such an enigma to me...how are men so patient?

Hey, there's a hunting magazine that specializes in woman hunters; Olen always tries to get me excited about hunting because "think how great it would be to be on the cover with our...er..your deer!" Yeah...ain't gunna happen for me, but I hope you get your deer!