Wednesday, August 13, 2008

procrastination in a small town...

is not a good thing. For the past month Reed and Blue have been begging for the new Star Wars, The Clone Wars backpack at Target. I have held them at bay, telling them every time we went to Target that we would get it the NEXT time we went to Target. Well, tonight(the night before the first day of school up here) we finally took a trip to Target specifically for this backpack. I think part of my procrastination happened because I was trying to decide if I was going to have to buy TWO of the very exact same backpacks or if I could get away with just buying one and making them share it. You know, Reed would take it to school for one week then it would be Blue's turn the next week. But Heidi informed me that I was being too cheap and not to mention mean! So, to avoid being cheap and mean, I finally gave in to making a purchase of twin backpacks. Before heading to the back to school section I fed my boys a very healthy dinner of pizza hut pizza and icees in the food court. I started to get a little nervous as I saw how many other mothers with school-aged children were procrastinating just like me. I kept thinking, "Please, please have at least one more Star Wars backpack for my boys." Yaaa, no such luck. There was an abundance of Spiderman, Incredible Hulk, and Speed Racer backpacks but no Star Wars anywhere. Thank heavens my boys took it really well. There were no melt downs coming from my shopping cart. I just hope I don't forget to order it online now (you know, it might just get in the way of all my blogging time).

1 comment:

once upon a poppy said...

so i guess i'm cheap and mean because i made daisy and lindsay share a school shirt. lindsay was not happy with me. they were $15!!! and they aren't even cute.