Thursday, August 21, 2008

help!

( first day of school)

We are finishing up our first week of school and already I feel like Angry Mom. Reed dilly-dally's the morning away and has no sense of urgency to get ready for school. So I end up becoming Angry Mom and using my angry voice to get him to pick up the pace. Because he is so tender-hearted, he usually ends up with tears in his eyes at least two to three times a morning. I'm not sure what to do. It's not like our routine changes every morning. I just feel so bad dropping him off at school after I have yelled at him all morning long. I usually pull over right before he gets out of the car and let him know that I love him and I think he is a great kid but that we need to work on our morning routine. But nothing has changed all week. HELP!

This is another picture from the first day of school. Beau wanted to get in the action also.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Abby is the same way. Her and I struggle in the morning. the only thing that I have learned that helps a little bit is to set everything out the night before. Shoes,lunch, socks, clothes, back pack. I have even set out cereal bowl with spoon. The more prepared at night she is the more frazzled her and I are in the mornings. Hope this helps
love ya

once upon a poppy said...

I have had the exact problem with Daisy since Kindergarten. But this year I've noticed that since Lindsay is going tto, she gets up with her and is happy. Maybe she was just jealous that she was the only one getting ready and the rest of us were just chillin in our pjs.

Anonymous said...

I totally feel your pain...lol...and so I put my kids in the PM TOPS program at our school. They go from 11 until 4 pm everyday...it's glorious!