Tuesday, August 12, 2008

a new beau

Today I got my first bow, not Beau, but bow- as in bow and arrow. This afternoon the whole family went down to the archery shop here in town. That was quite an experience! With all three boys chasing each other around the store, touching everything, and nearly knocking over tri-pods and buckets of arrows, Colby thought it would be a good idea to just put them back in the car and let them watch a movie while I got all "set up". Good idea. I gave Reed my cell phone and set it to Colby's number and told him that if there were any problems with Beau to press the green button and that would call Dad's cell phone. He was as proud as a peacock holding that cell phone. Now back in the store, I must say I was a little disappointed when I couldn't pull back a regular size bow. I ended up with a youth bow. I'm such a wimp! At least Reed will be able to use it...probably in just a couple of years.
Tonight, Colby and I got a babysitter and headed to the outdoor archery range. After a couple of trial arrows, I got the hang of it. I think the competitive side in me came out, which I almost forgot that I even had a competitive side. It was shining brightly tonight though. I was determined to hit each and every target in the "kill zone". I did pretty good, if I do say so myself. Archery season opens next weekend. We'll see if my one day of practice is going to be enough...Now if I can just get a babysitter for opening day...Chea? Mom?

3 comments:

Chea said...

definetly !!!

once upon a poppy said...

i'm impressed. i'm sure i couldn't even pull the youth one back.

Mariley Johnson said...

Impressive! And way to trust those kids with the cell phone alone in the car. Impressive as well.