Saturday, October 25, 2008

learning the art of borrowing money

For those of you who follow my blog may remember that back in September when we went to Lake Powell the boys caught a horny toad. We kept it for a couple of weeks, but because it eats ants and those are hard to come by up here, we took it down to Chea's house and let it go. I didn't realize how attached Reed and Blue had become to their pet until I told them my plan to let it go. Both of them were devastated and started sobbing. I explained that it was better to let him go than to keep him and have him die. They seemed to be okay with that explanation. Now bringing you back to the present day...
Last weekend Colby took ALL of the boys scouting with him to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Not only did he take all of them for the day but he also took them over night! Woo hoo for me. I got to do whatever I wanted without any little rugrats around. I didn't really do anything exciting but it was a great break! Thank you Colby.
Sorry I got a little side tracked from my first story, let me get back on track. While they were up at Jacob Lake(where they stayed) they were checking out the little store there and Blue happened to find this oversized ceramic horny toad. He begged Colby to get it for them but Colby told him that it was too expensive and he wasn't spending that much money on a fake horny toad. They walked around the store for a bit and found a few other souvenirs. When they were checking out Blue asked Colby if he could borrow ten dollars. Colby wanted to know what for and Blue, with a sneaky little smile, said he was gonna buy that horny toad. Even the cashier couldn't help but laugh. Needless to say we now have a pet pretend horny toad.
How about that? Blue is already learning how to weasel money out of his parents.

No comments: