Monday, December 3, 2007

santa gets a visit from the hillbillies


On Saturday I went to Prescott and left all of the boys with Colby. Since it was raining then started to snow that day I figured he would take them to play in the snow. And he did, but he also went above and beyond that and took them to see Santa at the mall. Why is it the thought of a visit with Santa just seems so overwhelming. I'm not sure if it is the part where I have to get my three boys ready, wait in line for who knows how long, or take the chance that they won't be afraid of Santa that I most dread. Anyway, on a whim, Colby takes the boys to the mall to play at the play area and it just so happens that Santa is set up right next to it. Of course, for Colby there was only two people ahead of him in line. As you can see by the picture that none of them were petrified by Ol' St. Nick and Colby didn't bother to get them ready unless he was tying to pull of the hillbilly look with the bed head hair and the irrigation boots. Luckily the lady in charge offered Colby a wet wipe to clean Beau's face, a minor detail that didn't seem to phase Colby. The sure sign of portraying hillbillies came when Colby walked up to Santa to retrieve the boys and Santa sympathetically said, "You're a real good dad." Since Colby hardly ever wears his wedding ring I'm pretty sure they all thought he was a single dad and was just doing the best he could. But I do have to agree...He is a real good dad.

5 comments:

Rose said...

I say scrap your current Christmas card and do this one instead.

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious.....husbands just do things VERY different! LOL....very cute that he made the effort to get a cute photo with Santa....not many would even think of that!

Mariley Johnson said...

Hi Wendy! That's pretty cute. I laughed out loud at the thought of the lady offering a wet wipe. What a good Dad.

Lindsay Nichole said...

would we really be family if they didn't look like hillbillies??

Meredith E said...

Okay I am still laughing out loud. I am so making Reo see this when he gets home. Forget this being your Christmas card--it should be Chea's...with her logo.