Friday, November 30, 2007

and so the countdown begins

Tonight I finished a few Christmas countdowns with the help of Reed (and not a moment too soon since tomorrow is December 1st).
The first one I made was an idea of Heidi's. I was pretty pleased with the way it turned out until Blue told me that it kinda looked like a monster face. Gee thanks, Blue but I guess he does have a point. It does kinda look like a monster face but nonetheless I am still happy with how the project turned out.



The second countdown is a mini muffin pan and behind each number is a little ornament that the boys will put on the tree. When I showed them the tree that they would be putting the ornaments on, Reed informed me that it didn't look like a Christmas tree but that maybe if we put a star on the top of it, it might look a little more like a Christmas tree.


But their favorite countdown is...

the paper chain! What kid doesn't love a paper chain?! While I painstakingly spent more time than I should have on my countdowns, my boys were just as happy with their paper chain that took them just a few minutes to make.
Moral of the story is... little boys would rather rip and tear off a link of their chain (it does sound pretty manly, I know) than just flip a number or hang a tiny ornament on a piece of metal that their mom is trying to pass off as a tree.

6 comments:

once upon a poppy said...

you are so crafty. I love the muffin tin!

Anonymous said...

So cute....you are quite crafty...very impressed!

Lindsay said...

Your crafts are adorable. But seriously what kid (and a few adults) doesn't adore a paper chain. Ah the simple joys of childhood.

Amber said...

how do you get the tags to stay on the mini muffin pan?

wendy said...

Amber-
small magnets since the muffin pan is magnetic.

Kim Skinner said...

ok, wendy you are too good. but i will have to say that the top one looks like a bikini top. look again. :)