Monday, November 19, 2007

Christmas shopping

My goal is to be done with Christmas shopping by the first week in December. So I can focus on much more important things like my Christmas cards:). Well, and I hope to get in a little bit of baking and crafting. I figure the only way I am going to accomplish this is by a lot of perusing on the Internet. But today I discovered another option: shop while Blue is sleeping. No, I do not leave him in the car and run into the store (as tempting as this has been many a time) but rather just let him sleep in the shopping cart. I have mentioned a few times in the past what a heavy sleeper he is and now I can finally use this to my advantage. Today we went to three separate stores and I had to pull him out of his booster seat then lay him in the back of the shopping cart then put him back in his booster seat when we were done with that particular store. Three times without him waking up! Amazing, I know. I am so pleased with my new discovery.

5 comments:

Rose said...

I don't think you'll be done with your shopping by then, but just to make it interesting lets have a race. Since I am already ahead. And no the things Colby has already bought for himself don't count as your already purchased gifts.

Chea said...

wendy is a pretty tough competitor. i dont know .

Chea said...

wendy is a pretty tough competitor. i dont know .

Anonymous said...

Why do I never get kids like that? LOL. My kids wake up as soon as the car turns off....drives me NUTS! I am jealous...wish I had my shopping done. I get nauseous just thinking about it. I hate crowds and my procrastination gets me every year. I am way behind. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

lacy lee said...

I have to admit that I've lately been tempted to let Penelope sleep while I "run" somewhere. But the only thing that keeps me in check is thinking that if someone were to break into the house/car and kidnap her, I'd have to admit my actions to Dave...and I'm scared just thinking about it. Anyway, I can't wait till she stops taking so many naps...oh wait...