Tuesday, November 20, 2007

pleasantly surprised

Pleasant surprise #1: Tonight Colby and I went out on a date. I know, a Tuesday night, how lucky are we?! We unexpectedly had a babysitter for the evening and took advantage of it since there is no school tomorrow. We decided to go out to eat. After checking out a couple of restaurants we decided on Sakura, a Japanese restaurant that I had not been to before. The date started out a little rough. While we were waiting to be seated, we were looking over the menu and quickly became aware of how pricey our dinner was going to be. For a Tuesday night and not celebrating anything special it wasn't exactly the price range I wanted to be in. Nonetheless, Colby convinced me to stay and give it a try. We were seated and then had to wait an hour, yes six zero minutes, before our dinner was prepared. Colby wasn't too upset because he had ordered sushi (I am not a fan). Chea, you would like this sushi because there was not so much rice on the outside.
Pleasant surprise#2: Our meal was prepared right before our eyes. Yes, it was one of those restaurants where the chef cooks on a big griddle right in front of you. Our chef was amazing! Lots of fire, tricks, and jokes. And our food was awesome! Chinese or Japanese food is not my favorite but this was delish. We had Steak Yakisaba?- I think that is what it was called. The best steak I have had in a long time, and fresh vegetables with noodles, not just any noodles but the kind they serve at Aloha Kitchen which are my absolute favorite. It almost made up for our hour wait, almost.

4 comments:

{Frances} said...

yuck! not a big fan of sushi either! me and my mom went to that one sushi place here in queen creek. we were like fish outta water! although it wasnt too bad in the end! You know those green bean things they give you with salt on them?? are you supposed to eat them??? does anyone know!

Lindsay said...

Mmmm Sushi. I'll definitely have to come down to sample what sounds like a delightful place to eat.

Frances,

It's called Edamame and you shell it and just eat the beans out. It's delish and an excellent source of protein. It's only 8 in the morning and you've made me hungry.....curses!

Chea said...

we (me) had sushi in san diego. not as good as the spider in flag. had little orange sprinkles which looked like fish eggs on top . Yet I persavered. I think it is the soft shell crab I love. you have to try some day

Anonymous said...

LOL...Sherm and I were just there this weekend for our anniversary! We stayed at the Radisson and had lunch there...and we waited forever too. I don't know why because the place was DEAD..LOL. Lunch is cheaper...the reason we went for lunch....and the food IS delicious. The best part was the waiter screwed up our bill and added someone else's $13 meal to ours...LOL. We were looking at each other like...WHAT? We couldn't figure out why our bill was so big...Sherm and I shared the steak and chicken dinner because we ordered 2 plates of sushi! Gotta love it...that was like deja vu reading your post!