Monday, November 5, 2007

My boys enjoy getting mail. They especially love looking at the magazines and catalogs that come in the mail. Blue will carry around a toy catalog from fisher price or etoys for days. He brings it with him in the car, he holds it while he is watching tv, and once or twice I have seen him looking at it while going the bathroom. With Christmas around the corner, the number of toy catalogs has increased. Yesterday I checked my mail and what do you know... the Target toy catalog was waiting. Little did I know what ruckus this was going to bring. Both Reed and Blue wanted it and why they couldn't just sit down together and hsare it I don't know but the fighting began. They would cry and then get mad at the other then come tell me. Since Colby had been gone all weekend I was pretty much at my wits end anyway, so when they started fighting about this catalog I just ignored them. I thought it would be good to let them duke it out. After 45 minutes of this, Reed came down and said that Blue had punched him, I decided that literally duking it out wasn't the best solution. They both were stunned when I took the catalog and wouldn't let either one have it. It is only the beginning of November, I wonder how many more of these fights I will have to endure before Christmas is here.

2 comments:

once upon a poppy said...

ok we got the target catalog in the sunday paper. Jeff worked yesterday and we had stake conf. so i wasn't about to take 3 kids. it was a long day and that catalog drove me crazy! you would think they could just sit by each other and look at it together. but no way!

Anonymous said...

LOL...I totally feel your pain. I had 3 toy ads in the Sunday paper...the Target ad being one of them so I took them upstairs to the kids thinking "there's 3 so they won't fight"...LOL...I guess that was a blonde moment on my part....yeah right....I threw them all away within about 5 minutes...I couldn't take the fighting anymore.