Saturday, November 24, 2007

oscar the grouch

Recently Beau has been a little grouchy, whiny, and just plain difficult. I was starting to get a complex thinking it was me... I mean most of you know that Reed was quite a handful as a baby and Blue, probably more of a handful now than when he was a baby and now Beau. Maybe my parenting skills need a boost. Well, I was relieved to discover it wasn't ALL me. A few days ago, I was playing with Beau and I tipped him upside down and I discovered his molars are coming in. All I could see was a tip of white and what looked like a red marble where the rest of his tooth will soon be. Poor kid, he was in so much pain and I probably wasn't being as compassionate as I should have been. The same day I made this discovery, I pulled the biggest sliver out of the bottom of Beau's foot. I'm telling you it was bigger than any sliver Colby ever got framing or hunting. Again poor kid, he was probably in a lot of pain and I was just not reading the signs. The next morning solidified my belief that I had Oscar the Grouch as a son. I caught him eating handfuls of garbage out of the trash can. Here is my proof:



Don't be alarmed that he is eating something harmful. It is actually a piece of cake that I had thrown away because I only wanted the frosting. Come on, I know you all do the same thing.
I do have to say that Beau was very pleasant this past holiday weekend, in fact he was rather funny and charming at times.

5 comments:

once upon a poppy said...

cooper just got his molars so I feel your pain. I'm afraid his eye teeth are next

Anonymous said...

LOL....gotta love the trash diggers...I've had a few of those...LOL! Teething is my enemy...my kids are horrible teethers...they run fevers....have mad diarrhea...and occasionally vomit....I feel your pain. Motrin is my best friend during those moments!

once upon a poppy said...

Wendy I need your address so I can send you my christmas card! emailme at jeff.hall2@mchsi.com

Kim Skinner said...

we all like the frosting better!

Mariley Johnson said...

You mean to tell me the garbage can isn't another place to store leftovers?