Sunday, December 9, 2007

Reed turns the big number six


Who would have thought that such a difficult baby could turn into an ideal kid?! That is what Reed was and is. I'm pretty sure he was mad at the world when he was born, being nine days overdue and all. But I couldn't ask for a better older brother to Blue and Beau. He is so sweet and tenderhearted. He is also too smart for his own good and a perfectionist. We love him so much!
For his birthday, we went bowling as a family. It was hilarious to watch him and Blue get a running start then come to a complete stop at the line then drop the ball and watch it slowly, I mean really slowly, roll to the pins. They would squat on their haunches or lay on their bellies and wait for it to get to the pins. Most of their rolls were right down the middle but didn't have enough momentum/strength to hit them all down. Next we got an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen and I let Reed and Blue decorate it. Reed wanted a karate kid cake so we came up with making the design that is on the bandana. They were so pleased with their work. I do believe that I just might let them decorate their own cakes from now on. The best part about it was that the entire day was spent just with the family and Reed was okay with that. In fact, when he blew out his candles he asked me if wishes came true. I told him it just depends what you wish on. He then told me that his wish was to be with his family forever. I definitely think we can work on making the come true. Happy birthday Reed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW....I remember when Reed was born...and I remember how exhausted you were that first year. He sounds like a great kid...HAPPY BIRTHDAY REED! Wow....we are getting old..and time sure does fly!

Rose said...

Happy Birthday to Reed. Sound like you guys had fun.

Chea said...

Happy Birthday Reed. we tried to call you last night but you were out. we love you. we want to be with you forever too.

Kim Skinner said...

happy birthday reed. wyatt keeps asking me to remind him of who his twin is that goes camping with us. wendy, i think you and i are the most neurotic, i mean faithful, bloggers. :)