Tuesday, December 18, 2007

they came in by twosies, twosies...

Lately Reed and Blue have been sharing a bed, not because they have to but because they want to. It brings back many memories of sharing the roll-away double bed with Heidi. My favorite part about it (and probably Heidi's least favorite part about it) was that when I would pee the bed, I would roll over to Heidi's side 'cause my side was too cold and wet. While listening to my boys giggle in bed is very endearing, there are a couple of drawbacks to their closeness. Number one: it takes twice as long for them to fall asleep because they are either laughing or fighting. Number two: It used to be that when one of them had a bad dream, just ONE of them would come into our room. Now, when one of them has a bad dream, TWO of them come into our room. I usually try to take them back upstairs or make them a bed on our floor. But lately, it has been very chilly at night and so all I do is let them BOTH crawl into bed with us. Huge mistake! They are now coming down on a regular basis and even though we have a king size bed there is not enough room for the four of us. Colby usually ends up sleeping on the couch on those particular nights. So now I am torn... Do I make them sleep in their own beds or suffer the bitter chill and walk them back upstairs? I'll probably just let them sleep in our bed, it is the easiest solution (for me anyway).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL.....I can TOTALLY relate! I was SO excited to be done with babies so I gave my sister my crib and put Peyton (21 months) on the bottom bunk...AHHHHHH! Sadly Peyton sleeps in the bunkbed every night...NO PROBLEM....it is my 3 1/2-year-old who has yet to grace the top bunk with his presence. He sleeps on our floor or in our bed EVERY night...and we sleep in a Queen size bed....Sherm has been trying to talk me into a king, but then I know that we'll end up with MORE kids in our bed. What do you do!

once upon a poppy said...

i agree with your decision wendy. who wants to get out of bed in the middle of the night. Lindsay has a permanant bed on our floor. She chose that over our bed. weird

Arnett's said...

Turn the heater on and send em' packin. So obviously I have never been though that.

Lindsay Nichole said...

hahahaha i love that you openly admit to peeing the bed and just moving to heidi's side...pretty sure i used to do that to ashley sometimes ahahahaha