Tuesday, February 10, 2009

snow days

This is what was going on all day yesterday at our house:


I didn't think it was ever going to stop. Since we got dumped on so bad, today was another snow day. This afternoon my boys ventured outside. Of course, it takes a good 15 minutes to put on the snow suits, jackets, boots, and gloves. Then there is the adjusting of the snow pants over the boots to prevent the snow getting into the boots and adjusting the gloves over the jackets so the snow doesn't get into the sleeves- times that by three. Whew! That is alot of work, but worth it when I see how much fun my boys are having out there.

Reed started to dig himself a little snow cave on our driveway.

{This is our front walk way. The snow hadn't completely melted from our last storm over a month ago, so this is snow on top of a big mound of ice.}

Blue and Beau love to eat the snow. I do too, as long as it is fresh:)
I couldn't find Beau's real gloves so he was wearing those cloth-like gloves. He never complained even though the snow stuck to them like velcro.

The snow was so deep that Beau kept getting stuck up to his waist. He wanted to keep up with Reed and Blue so bad that he would try to contort the top half of his body to see where the other boys were headed so that when I got him out he would chase after them.

No comments: