Tuesday, February 10, 2009

best exercise ever

When we first moved to Flagstaff I couldn't figure out why our neighbors would go outside while it was still snowing and shovel their driveways. They would do this two to three times a day. Now that I am a seasoned "Flagger", let me enlighten those who don't know either. It is to keep up with what is coming down. If you wait till the next day to shovel your driveway for the first time, you are looking at at least 2-3 feet of snow. But if you shovel at intervals it isn't so hard. Well, yesterday afternoon I went out, while it was still snowing, and started to shovel my driveway. I had already paid two guys earlier in the morning to shovel it. They did an excellent job and by the afternoon I was regretting not having them come again. So while I was just shoveling two small lines for my tires to get through, a friend of a friend shows up. Amber and Chad had company this weekend and due to the snow had to stay over on Monday. I'm so glad they did because that was who showed up to help me shovel my driveway. Thank you Zack!

This morning my back was sore, my legs were sore, and my arms were sore. And I didn't even shovel my driveway by myself. I was dreading going and shoveling AGAIN since it had snowed most of the night. I mean, come on, just because it was great exercise doesn't mean I wanted to exercise again. Well, I opened my garage and to my surprise, my driveway was already shoveled! Once again, I'm so glad that Rachel and Zack were stranded here in Flagstaff. What a relief! I was/and still am so sore!



My front walkway got shoveled too! I usually never do that because I am so exhausted after finishing the driveway. Thanks again!

2 comments:

Mariley Johnson said...

snow is so foreign to me. it just blows my mind to see it all. what a desert rat i am.

Emily said...

How awesome! It looks just beautiful. Great to have kind friends. We get a little snow, but only enough to dust the yard and leave a half inch on the trampoline.