Monday, February 9, 2009

no thanks

So for the past few months I have been trying to prep Beau for potty training. I will ask him if he wants to sit on the toilet like a big boy, and he always replies,"no thanks". I ask him if he wants to wear big boy underwear like Reed and Blue; again his reply- no thanks. I guess I should be glad that he is so polite about it, but come on, I just wish he would show some sort of interest in getting rid of his diapers. No such luck. Well, after reading Sara's blog and her experience potty training Aiden, I was a little more motivated to try. Today, being a snow day in all, I thought would be a perfect day to start. To say that Beau was not interested in putting on underwear would be a understatement. He went into hysterics when I tried to put a pair of underwear on.



{The pictures are so blurry because he wouldn't stop rolling around. You would have thought he had ants in his pants}
I finally relented. We made a compromise: no underwear and no diaper. He let put on pants without anything. The problem in this is that he is so skinny and has no butt so his pants just slip right off of him. Even if he doesn't wear a diaper, how am I to potty train him if he won't sit on the "potty"? So I decided for right now I will respect his "no thanks".

5 comments:

once upon a poppy said...

i hear ya. cooper is the exact same way. he throws the hugest tantrum when we try to put underwear on or sit him on the potty. so i will have a 3 yr old in diapers i am sure!

Sara said...

Potty training is so not cool!!! I would not have done it if Aiden was not wanting to! Hopefully soon?

As Told By Molly said...

I thought London would be thrilled to wear her Princess Panties, but I was so wrong. She doesn't care, I don't care. I've become too relaxed (according to Olen), but it is so not worth the fight right now. I wish you better luck than me!

Jeff and Elise said...

I'm so glad my child is not the only one who is completely uninterested in potty training! They'll get it someday :)

Linde said...

So funny! I can just see his little sweet face when he says, No thanks! What a poliet little stinker. Good luck!