Tuesday, July 8, 2008

pre-fourth festivities

Last Thursday Colby took Reed and Blue to a Diamondbacks game in Phoenix. He had an extra ticket so he also invited Papa. My boys were so excited! They have never been to a professional baseball game before. A good time was had by all- apparently it was a pretty memorable game for the players also. It was so good that my dad got a little teary-eyed. He can't help it, baseball is his passion even still.

Blue enjoyed it so much that he slept through the entire game until the seventh inning (no surprise there since he is my snoozer). Reed said his favorite part of the game was the "kiss camera"- when the big screen spotlights two people sitting next to each other and they must kiss in front of the entire crowd.


I was pretty excited also because I only had one kid for a day! Oh the things I was going to do! NOT! Beau wanted me to play with him and he wouldn't leave my side all day! Three kids is way easier than one! I had hopes of reading Stephanie Meyer's The Host. While I did get about halfway through, I was hoping to finish it while they were gone. I did finish it the next day ( I was a terrible host to Chea and Wayne in the morning, sorry guys!). I did not love it. It took me the first 200 pages just to get interested. The plot was so familiar to her Twilight series. However, I was glad that it had an ending, I'm not sure I would have read another book if it turned out to be a series. If you have read it, what did you think?

2 comments:

once upon a poppy said...

let me tell you i just read twilight. i know i think i am the last person on earth to read it. i read it in 2 days! i need to find new moon. so no i haven't made it to the host yet. i love the pics of the game. that is fun that papa cliff got to go!

Sheri said...

I have to say that I LOVED The Host. Also, your oldest boy looks so much like Anthony to me.

That's all.

Oh yeah, and I love to stalk, I mean read your blog.