Tuesday, July 1, 2008

home improvements

Today Beau decided to touch up the exterior of the house. Since it was raining, this task was very simple... smear mud all over the siding.

It has been cloudy and thundering for the past few days but today it finally rained. Beau absolutely loved it! He would run all the way out and let it pour down on him.
Then he would hold his hands out and let the drainage from the roof fill his little (I guess not so little, according to Jackie and Heidi) hands. I decided to let him play outside for awhile by himself. This is where it all went wrong. I checked on him a few minutes later and discovered that he had moved from the falling rain and on to the squishy mud. When I tried to catch him, he just took off around the corner of the house. He must have known I wouldn't chase him in the mud because I wasn't wearing any shoes. When I finally caught him, he was not only soggy, his hands and feet and hair(I'm not sure how that happened) were covered in mud. I didn't mind cleaning him up because it was fun to watch him enjoy one of life's little pleasures...rain.

5 comments:

Chea said...

your the best mom

once upon a poppy said...

look at that cute face! hard to be mad at that.

Arnett's said...

You are such a good mom... UM I just looked at your friend Amber's crafty blog. So I want to make everything on there. I love the doors that she turned into the hanging thing and the pillows from Napkins!! Those would be fun to do for the craft weekend!

busbyfam.blogspot.com said...

Your boys are so lucky to have you as their mom. and I am so lucky to be your mom.

As Told By Molly said...

Hey Wendy! Your boys are so cute. I love the pirate pictures.
Isn't it like a holiday when it rains? Live it up, I say.