Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Jackie

Yesterday was Jackie's birthday. Reed made a sign for her. He put it on the front door so when she came home from work she would see it.

I thought he did a great job with all the bright colors, the balloons, and the presents. Way to go Reed! We also made a cake for her. I saw the other day that Fry's grocery store sells the whipped topping that they put on their cakes. So I decided to give it a shot. Then I used a cake recipe from Bakerella. Check it out! It was to die for! My boys decorated the cake with mini M&M's (just blue and green since those are Jackie's favorite colors). Even though we only put one candle on the cake, Jackie had plenty of help blowing it out from my boys!

We are so glad she came to stay with us for the summer. Every morning, night, and even at mealtime, in their prayers, my boys mention how grateful they are that she is having a sleepover for the summer.

2 comments:

Linde said...

I finally met her today! She is so super cute. I love all the your pictures below too! Looks like you had a great 4th. When my 3 older kids stayed at my Mom's for a week I thought I would get to do a ton of stuff, yeah right. All I did was play with Kooper. I forget how much the other kids entertain him. So I know how you felt!

once upon a poppy said...

as soon as i saw that mold on your blog from beau's bday i had to go get one. it is the cutest thing ever.thanks for letting me copy:)
we need to get together. for real for real.