Monday, July 21, 2008

crawdads, and cousins, and bears, oh my



This past weekend was the Busby Family Reunion/camping trip. A good time was had by all! Reed and Blue enjoyed catching crawdads with their cousin Trey.


A lot of the older kids were getting in the water fully clothed and Beau followed suit.


Once he fell in, we stripped him of his clothes and he was in heaven playing in the lake!



This year my mom, aka Grammy, set up shop for the kids with candy and toys. It was a huge hit! Blue, Reed, and Trey got matching mini light sabers(at least that is what they thought they were).


Blue would not let his out of his sight.
It was fun to catch up with some of my cousins I don't see that often, reminiscing about when we were kids at this reunion. I loved hanging out with my brothers and sisters and sister in law, definitely alot of sarcasm in the air all weekend long.


I especially loved the extra help with my boys.


Thanks to Casey, Pierce, and my nieces and nephews for all your help!
And we had celebrities such as Bob Ross and Gladys perform in our skit!


The only downside to the trip was the two bears roaming the campsite. But this downside has an upside: The first night we were there one of the bears was caught in a trap set out near the garbage dumpster!


Can you see him?

2 comments:

Arnett's said...

I am extremely jealous. I wish we could have gone. It looks like such a blast... all but the BEaR! How the heck did you sleep?!

Lindsay said...

the reunion looks like a blast! All you ladies look absolutely gorgeous, as always!

Glad a good time was had by all, except for perhaps the bear.