Friday, June 6, 2008

colby is out of town

so that means project time! Yes, I have been a little busy these past couple of days. Look at what I've done. Project #1:

These burp cloths are for Frances. I thought I was going to make it to the shower this weekend, but now I cannot. So here is a sneak peak of your gift, Frances.
Project #2&3:
The young women are going to be making aprons for girls camp since they will be cooking all of their meals there. I wanted something simple enough that it could be finished in one activity. My first attempt was a dish towel with ribbon strings. I attached the ribbon with buttons and sewed button holes onto the dishtowel so when it needs to be washed the ribbons could be taken off.

After trying it on, I realized that it is the perfect size for people short like me. If any of the girls are taller than 5'2 (which is all of them) this is not the apron for them. Although, I may go ahead and embellish this one for myself.
The second apron turned out nicely and only requires straight seams, lucky for the girls!

This one has ribbon ties also. Ribbon is just an easier and quicker solution to ties. Plus, who doesn't love a cute button?!

You can't see the buttons very well in this picture, but they are small hearts.
Project #4:
Actually, this was the first project I did. I sewed forty feet of pennants to hang in our campsite.

Our ward was assigned pink for our color, and I decided to add a little black and grey also. I think it is a great color combination for Lady Pirates! More pictures to come of our jolly roger which is pink(of course), and our ship which is called the Pink Pearl.

10 comments:

lacy lee said...

Um...you are amazing!

once upon a poppy said...

ok i need lessons! so cute!

Megs said...

Love it!! I wanted to make pendants like that for birthdays....perhaps one day I actually will.

As Told By Molly said...

SO cute. Your camp girls are lucky to have you!

top knot extensions said...

GEEEEZZZ!!! You are crafty!! I LOVE the burp cloths!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay...love all of your projects...you are quite crafty...you go Martha. AND...I have to tell you that I COVET your kitchen cabinets....OH MY GOSH! They are beautiful. We didn't get to pick anything in our house...we bought it 5 months old...and I HATED the cabinets so I painted them black and distressed them. I love them, but I LOVE your kitchen...my dream kitchen. I always said I would order black cabinets if I ever got the chance to build again.

Mariley Johnson said...

All projects are quite cute! Nice job.

Linde said...

You have been so busy. You should call me and I would love to help you out. You are so cute!

Arnett's said...

You are so talented. When are we going to do that ladies craft retreat we talked about last year at camping?

{Frances} said...

those are sooo cute!! and i agree with sara..we need to have that crafty craft weekend still!