Monday, February 11, 2008

starbucks

I am going to reveal one of my deepest secrets to the blogging world: I have never been to Starbucks, nor have I ever had anything from Starbucks. Until today. In my naivety I thought all they sold was coffee. But I have heard from many people that don't drink coffee, at least on a regular basis(you know who you are) that Starbucks is a great place for a beverage. While at Target this morning, I decided I would try a hot chocolate from Starbucks. Can I just say how utterly DISAPPOINTED I was with it! If I wanted to eat some unsweetened cocoa I would have just taken a spooonful out of my baking cocoa. Yuck! I was ticked because of all the rave reviews I had heard about it! So, those of you who enjoy Starbucks for a beverage other than coffee, please enlighten me on what to order next time.

13 comments:

Devry said...

Three words: Caramel Apple Cider

Chea said...

hot chocolate with mint , i have only had it at christmas. maybe you had a bad batch

ld said...

It is my understanding that the Stake Liquor store sells more than alcoholic beverages. I haven't tried it, but I am open to suggestions.

once upon a poppy said...

i only thought they sold coffee too but i've heard so many people go there too. i guess i don't need to worry about all the hype.

Rose said...

Hey Lance the liquor store sells a mean candy bar.

Lindsay Nichole said...

their hot chocolate sucks, especially at $3 for a small. gas station hot chocolate is waaaay better and only costs $1. try the chai tea. so much better.

Mariley Johnson said...

I totally agree. And for future reference, the tasty looking pastries are not so tasty. I don't get the hype.

lacy lee said...

Wendy! Let me introduce you to the Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino! It is DIVINE! There's also a variation in vanilla and strawberry...good, but not quite as good as the chocolate. You'll find these listed under the Blended Creme (non-coffee) section. And when they ask: YES you want whipped cream! Seriously, this is like the celestial kingdom of a shake-like beverage.

Arnett's said...

DCCF is the Bomb!!! Chocolate is the best but I get no whip with extra chocolate drizzle.

Anonymous said...

First of all try the gingerbread cocoa....I think it is seasonal, but QT has better cocoa...LOL...seriously...they have the most deliciously sweet mix-ins....that make it taste like your drinking a candy bar! I tried the strawberry frappuccino the other day...OH MY GOSH...pure heaven...even Sherman was in shock at how good it was and kept stealing it from me.....very delicious and sweet!

Brooke said...

The Vanilla Bean frappuccino is my favorite, Although very expensive. Chai tea has more caffeine than a Red Bull (I don't have the facts to back it up but my accupuncturist used to scream when she saw people drinking this because they thought tea is good for you....) So don't worry your not missing out.

Kim Skinner said...

white chocolate mint hot chocolate...i even got my mom hooked on it.

Kim Skinner said...

and the coffee isn't so bad either...JUST KIDDING