Sunday, February 10, 2008

1pm sacrament meeting=naptime

For the past three weeks Reed and Blue have fallen asleep within the first five minutes of the start of sacrament meeting, you know...new year makes for new church time. While this has brought the spirit back to our(mine and Colby's) meeting, it has made it very difficult to get them to go to class. The first week this happened they sat in the back of the primary room and pouted/scowled the next two hours. Last week, Colby ended up bringing them home and Reed and Blue sat on their beds for the next two hours(I did this hoping they would rather go to church than sit on their beds for two hours). Well, this week all of us were healthy and in town, which it has been about six weeks since the entire fam has made it to church together. Blue was asleep before we even got to the parking lot at the church. Colby held him. Then Reed fell asleep with his head on my lap shortly after the sacrament. Beau never falls asleep on our lap/shoulder. Colby usually has to drive around until he falls asleep. Well, today Beau actually fell asleep on Colby's lap. So there we were- Colby was holding Blue, who had sprawled out on his lap. I was holding Beau (Colby passed him off to me) and then Reed was drooling all over my skirt. We actually listened to all the speakers and got something out of it! Imagine that! I think I will take my chances during primary with cranky boys just so I can have my sacrament meetings back.

2 comments:

Dana said...

I wish our 1p.m. sacrament meeting equaled nap time. Currently it's only equaling chaos and melt downs.

Arnett's said...

Church = Nap time. No matter what time our church is it is ALWAYS during his nap time. I am jealous of you though. Aiden will not fall asleep. Anthony and I had not been to churh together in 6 weeks either, and it sucks!