Thursday, February 14, 2008

my little pony valentine

Being in Kindergarten, Reed exchanged valentines with all of the kids in his class. He was so excited to discover that not only did most of the kids give him a card but they also gave him a piece of candy! He definitely hit the jackpot! When he got home from school Reed dumped out all of his loot on the table and looked it over a few times. After doing this, he decided to make his dad a valentine card. Now I had to get creative because due to unforseen circumstances half of my craft supplies got left at our old house, never to be seen again (I am coming to terms with this, but it has not been easy). So with foam sheet, markers, and twisty ties Reed made a book for his dad.





It was all very tender until the last page which reads "my little pony". You may be wondering why he wrote this. Well, let me explain: Colby, Reed, and Blue often tease each other when they are wrestling. They don't use any bad words just words like princess, teddy bear, or my little pony. Colby first started this name calling, but now our boys love to make Colby "mad" by calling him "my little pony".

It is good to see that my straight-laced child has a sense of humor!

6 comments:

{Frances} said...

that is a classic valentine card...love it! and yes i became aware of the "kid" i married on the way home from the temple! haha just kiddin :)

Kim Skinner said...

That is so cute!

once upon a poppy said...

that's hilarious!!

Lindsay Nichole said...

ahhaha he isn't related to us Busby's AT ALL

Arnett's said...

That is hillarious!!

Amber said...

Colby will have to save that forever! so sweet..........