Thursday, January 3, 2008

new year baby


Happy Belated Birthday Colby! I know I did not do a post on his birthday (Jan 1st) but I was out of town and he was hunting so he wouldn't have even seen it anyway. There are three phrases that sum him up.
Number one: "Don't sweat the small stuff". Colby is the calm and rational one in our relationship. I don't know how he does it but he always seems to have everything under control and doesn't let little things get to him. He is always telling me "don't sweat the small stuff".
Number two: "That's who I am, that's the way I roll..." This is another phrase he uses often. Colby is very comfortable being who he is and feels no need to impress anyone which is very admirable but at times I wish he would just listen to me when I ask him, "You're wearing that?"
Number three: "Any man can be a father, it takes someone special to be a dad". Colby is a great dad. My boys attack him when he comes home from work and won't leave his side for the rest of the evening. Even though I know that he has a stressful job, he never complains about having to wrestle or watch a kid appropriate show with them when he comes home.
I couldn't ask for a better husband and dad. Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

once upon a poppy said...

I love what you wrote for #2. That is so Jeff. gotta love it! I mean do we have to look like we just got home from work all the time?

Amber said...

And he shoveled my driveway for me today while Chad was out of town! Thank you Colby! He really is just a great guy!!!!

top knot extensions said...

Hi Wendy!!! It is Amy Lamb!!! I just talked to Devry and saw her blog so I saw yours from hers. Youf family is so cute!! Our blog is private but when you have a second e-mail me with you e-mail address so I can add you to my list so you can see our blog.
amy.slm@cox.net