Thursday, January 17, 2008

let's be kind to one another

When I was growing up whenever any of us siblings would fight my mom would start singing the song "Let's be kind to one another..." I think it is a primary song, at least a really old primary song. Anyway, not only would she sing this song but the two siblings that were fighting would then have to hug each other for a specified amount of time. If I was one of the one's having to hug, I can't tell you how much angrier this made me! But now that I have children of my own, when I am at a loss for a punishment to fit the crime I, too, will have my boys hug each other. I do believe that they share the same sentiments as me for this type of consequence.

2 comments:

Kim Skinner said...

the expression on their faces says it all...as if the hug was not even torment, you took a picture to document it! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL....that is HILARIOUS....the looks on their faces....LOL! Isn't it fun torturing our kids with the same crap our parents used on us..LOL!