Wednesday, November 12, 2008

warning: birthday suits ahead!

When we built our house, I kinda thought a fireplace in the master bedroom was unnecessary. But this winter there are two reasons I'm glad we have it. Number one: the first weekend of really cold weather, you know the kind of weather that causes you to turn on your heater, we used our fireplace out of necessity. Our central heating wasn't working so we made little beds on the floor for our boys, shut the bedroom door to keep the heat in, and turned on the fireplace. We had a little camp out in our room.
Number two: My boys hate getting out of the bathtub because it is so cold. So I will let them turn on our fireplace in the master so they can warm up a bit after bath time. The other day I walked in to this:

Physical activity can also warm you up pretty fast:)

2 comments:

Mariley Johnson said...

oh I would love a fireplace in the bedroom. I just need to move somewhere cold!

Anonymous said...

Those are some dang cute birthday suits...lol!