Wednesday, November 19, 2008

the age of innocence

This morning I gave Reed $10 to put on his account for hot lunches at school. I didn't put it in an envelope or anything like that, I just told him to give it to the lunch lady. When he got home from school he told me he didn't have to pay for lunch. I was a little concerned because I know he doesn't have any money on his account. He said that they didn't ask for money and he didn't offer the $10 to them. So I asked him if he still had the money and suddenly he was really quiet. No. I asked him what he did with the money. I gave it to Dustin. I asked him WHY he gave ten dollars to Dustin. Because he said he wanted it. ARRGGHH!! Of course, he gave it to Dustin simply because he said he wanted it. I gotta nip this in the bud or Reed is gonna have so many "friends" asking for money. I guess I should have started earlier on teaching him the value of money. What do ya think?