Wednesday, October 24, 2007

lickety-split

This time of year brings dry skin and chapped lips. Both of which Blue gets worse than most kids. Today we were at Reed's taekwondo class and Blue told me that his lips were hurting. I didn't have any chapstick handy so I told him I would put some on when we got home and not to lick his lips. He didn't skip a beat and said, "I didn't, Beau did." While Beau does give slobbery kisses, I don't think this is what Blue meant. He wasn't even in trouble but Blue is so used to hearing me tell him not to do certain things that his first impulse is to blame someone else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...Dalton has that SAME problem...he always looks like he has a red mustache because he is SO chapped....I use Aquaphor on him...it is the BEST! He chronically licks his lips..where do they get these strange habits?

once upon a poppy said...

cooper has chapped cheeks. His face not the other place. what do you put on chappy skin?